Last updated 28th August 2021
Who we are
Our website address is: https://spsupplies.co.uk.
SP Supplies is committed to the protection of any personal information that you share with us. This statement describes what types of personal data we collect from you, how it is used, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us should you have any questions.
What information do we collect?
We at SP Supplies will only collect personal information that is necessary and relevant in order to provide you with the products or services that you request.
Personal data you share with us
When you place an order with us, whether that be in-store or online, we may ask for certain personal data, we will do the same if you ask to sign up to our newsletter.
The information that we collect includes (but is not limited to) the following:
· Name (including title)
· Delivery address
· Billing address
· Payment card details
· Phone number
· Date of birth
· Email address
We use Klarna as the provider of our checkout. This means that we might transfer your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Klarna when the checkout is loaded, in order for Klarna to manage your purchase. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with Klarna’s own privacy notice
Personal data we receive from other sources
Sometimes we obtain information about you or your purchases from a third party. These companies have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal information. You should carefully review their policies prior to engaging with them in order to ensure you’re satisfied.
The information we collect includes, but is not limited to the following:
· The date and time that you used our services
· The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for
· The products you viewed or added to your basket
· Your IP address
· Your location (if you have allowed access to this)
· The Internet browser you’re using
· The device you’re on
· Cookie or pixel information
· Any information within correspondence you send to us
· Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title, company details (including contact information and email addresses). Some of the business information may be obtained from an online or public business directory.
How do we use this information?
We will only process information that is necessary to part or service for which it has been collected for. We will always provide the option for you to choose not to receive marketing communications from us, and you can withdraw your consent at any time should you change your mind. We will never send unsolicited ‘junk’ emails, communications, or share your personal information with anyone else who may.
If you have provided us with your consent, we may use and process your information to contact you through electronic channels such as email, SMS or about promotions, sales, events, parts, services or information which we think may be of interest to you.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, or right to be forgotten which you may exercise by emailing [email protected], you may also unsubscribe to any communications/ newsletters etc.
We may use and process your personal data where necessary in order to fulfil a contract, which may mean completing orders and purchases.
We may be required to process your personal data to comply with any legal and/or regulatory requirements.
We may need to process your personal data to contact you should there be an urgent safety notices that we need to inform you of, or if a part has to be recalled.
We may use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so.
Processing necessary for us to support customers with sales and other enquiries
In order to support sales and/or customer queries, we may use your information to respond to correspondence that you send us, and to fulfil any requests you make. For example, if you have enquired about an item specification then we will respond.
Processing necessary for us to understand and respond to customers’ needs
To develop and improve our relationship, we may use your information to do the following:
· To analyse, evaluate and improve our parts and services, including use of our website, customer services and other applications, in order to improve your customer experience. Where possible we will use data which doesn’t identify you personally.
. To undertake market analysis and research, including contacting you with customer surveys, so that we can better understand you as a customer, this helps us provide you with tailored offers on parts that we think you may be interested in. We will only send email marketing communications if you have given us your consent to do so.
· We may use automated methods to analyse, combine and evaluate information that you have provided us with. We do this so that we can deliver the most appropriate customer experience to you.
Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
To protect your personal information, we may use your data to do the following:
· To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you, to better understand you as a customer.
· For network, security and information purposes, this allows us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage or theft.
· To comply with a request form you in connection with the exercise of your rights, for example if you have asked us not to contact you regarding marketing purposes then we will keep a record of this in order to comply with your request.
Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brand and parts, and to measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns
· To send you marketing information after you have purchased an item from us, made an enquiry or closed your browser with an item(s) still in your shopping basket. You have the right to opt out of us sending you this information at any time.
· As a business customer, acting on behalf of said business, or where we have obtained your business contact details, we may contact you with marketing information unless you object.
· To show you targeted advertising online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies, unless you object.
· To identify and record when you have received, opened or engaged with our website or other applications.
· To administer competitions and promotions that you enter with us and to distribute prizes.
How do we share this information?
We do not, and will never sell your information to third parties. We may from time to time disclose your information to the following categories or organisations to which we pass the responsibility to handle the services on our behalf.
Service provides who help us to operate our website, fulfil your orders and deliver our parts to you include:
· Credit reference agencies
· Payment providers
· IT support
· Direct marketing communications agencies and consultants
· Market research and market analytics service providers
· Legal and other professional advisors
· Certain regulatory bodies, government and enforcement agencies, where required.
· Companies like Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the Internet.
We take steps to ensure that any third-party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and are as committed to the protection of your personal data as we are. We only disclose personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf. We will aim to make your data anonymous or use aggregated non-specific data sets wherever possible.
Due to the international nature of our business, there may be some instances where your information is processed or stored outside of the EU. In those instances, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place for that transfer and storage as required by applicable law.
Third parties we use:
- Visualsoft Limited
- Royal Mail
- LV Shipping
- Apple Pay
These third-party companies may also use your personal data for a variety of reasons; if you ever wish to have your data removed, please contact [email protected] and we will ensure that the data is removed permanently where possible in line with the latest GDPR requirements.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us, then we will hold your personal information for a longer period.
How can you manage the information that we hold about you?
You have the right as an individual to access any personal information we hold about you and make any corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and, in certain circumstances, ask us to eras information we hold about you (also known as the right to be forgotten).
You have several rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, help us search for your personal information. We will respond to you within a month after we have received any request (including any identification documents requested).
You have the right to:
· Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you
· Correct and update your information
· Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it)
· Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object
· The right to be forgotten (to erase or restrict the use of your information), provided we do not have any lawful reason to continue to use and process that information
· Provide you your information in a structured data file, where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your purchase
You can exercise your right and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below:
2 Stretton Way
Unit 1, Huyton Business Park
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 07393008595 / 07393008596
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live, or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0303 123 1113